Getting verified on Instagram is a process that involves a few steps and criteria that need to be met. The verification badge is a blue checkmark that appears next to your username in your profile and search results, which indicates that Instagram has confirmed that your account is authentic and belongs to a notable public figure, celebrity, brand, or entity.
Here are the general steps you can take to apply for verification on Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Select “Account” and then “Request Verification.”
- Enter your full name and attach a government-issued photo ID or an official business document to verify your identity or brand.
- Fill in additional information, such as your category and reason for verification, and submit the request.
Instagram will review your application and notify you whether you are approved or not. It’s important to note that meeting the verification criteria does not guarantee verification, and Instagram reserves the right to reject or remove verification at any time.
To increase your chances of getting verified, you should ensure that your account meets the following criteria:
- Be authentic and represent a real person, brand, or entity
- Be complete with a profile picture, bio, and public posts
- Be unique and not impersonate or infringe on another person’s or brand’s intellectual property
- Be notable and well-known in your field or industry, with press coverage and public mentions
Keep in mind that Instagram is selective about who they verify, and not all accounts that meet the criteria will be approved.